As carriers around the world are working through this unprecedented time, shipping volumes continue to rise higher than ever, with limited staff available. In our client’s best interests, we’ve launched Stallion Protection - an affordable and reliable way to offer full coverage on your shipments, safeguarding them from potential loss or damage.
Keep reading for more details on your available options: Stallion Protection and Carrier Insurance.
Stallion Express offers full coverage protection on your declared shipment value, which includes all risk of physical loss or damage from any external cause while in transit. This is available to shipments once we receive them, for postage types with full tracking (please see Terms & Conditions below).
Click here for a video tutorial on how to submit a claim. We keep it easy, so you may do this all within your Stallion Express account under the ‘Claims’ page. Here, you’ll be able to review a list of all claims you’ve filed and a status update for each form.
Kindly note that claims for damaged items can be submitted immediately, whereas claims for loss can be submitted only after a waiting period of 30 days. For international shipments, the waiting period is 45 days from the last tracking update.
Terms and Conditions:
1. First $100CAD costs $0.39
2. Every $100CAD after costs $0.79
3. Insure a maximum limit of $300CAD
4. Insurance is valid only on shipments with postage from Stallion Express (not applicable for third-party postage)
5. Postage type must be fully tracked (non-tracked postage types won’t qualify)
6. Shipment must show a ‘Received’ scan by Stallion Express
Should you decide to not add Stallion Protection for your shipments, consider our partner carriers’ default insurance. In contrast to Stallion Protection, carrier insurance isn’t available until the shipments arrive at their facility. To further clarify, this means a tracking update must show the acceptance and/or received scan by the carrier, in order to be eligible for their insurance.
Here are the eligible carrier partners and the postage types that offer default carrier insurance:
Stallion Express Domestic
- Up to $100CAD through Canada Post
- Claims will be submitted on your behalf, please contact our Customer Service team
- File the claim within 30 days of the initial “Received” scan from our Stallion Express team
- Up to $35 CAD through PostNL
- We will file a trace on your behalf, but if the item appears lost/damaged, we can then file a claim on your behalf
- Claims will take 30-60 days to process from this point
- If approved, then a refund will be issued